Inquirer News

Two arrested in Nueva Ecija drug busts

A Korean national wanted for various crimes was captured by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in Taguig City last week, the bureau said on Friday.

INQUIRER.net stock photo

CABANATUAN CITY—Two suspected drug pushers were collared in Nueva Ecija on Friday, the police reported on Saturday.

John Paul De Leon, a 39-year-old vendor and a Cabanatuan resident, was arrested in a drug bust by the police drug enforcement unit of Quezon town in Barangay (village) San Miguel at 8:20 p.m., said Police Col. Marvin Joe Saro, Nueva Ecija police director.

De Leon was in possession of six plastic sachets of shabu (crystal meth).

Angelito Santos, 52, also from Cabanatuan, was caught red-handed with five sachets of shabu in a 5:30 p.m. police sting operation staged by the Cabanatuan police near the Cabanatuan Central Terminal in Barangay DS Garcia, according to Police Lt. Col. Arnel Dial, city police chief.

Both suspects face charges for violating Republic Act No. 9165 (the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Law). ARMAND GALANG 

CFC
Exit mobile version