Inquirer News

Leyte, Southern Leyte towns move into enhanced GCQ

Police officers in a Leyte town are urging  'Come out, help us,' police asks witnesses to the killing of a coconut farmer and his son to come out and help them.

Map of Leyte

TACLOBAN CITY—A town in Leyte and another in Southern Leyte were placed on enhanced general community quarantine (EGCQ) by their mayors fearful of a spread in coronavirus transmission.

Mayor Angel Sia Jr., of La Paz town, Leyte and Mayor Sabina Ranque, of Libagon town, Southern Leyte issued separate orders restricting the movements of their constituents.

Sia said La Paz will be under EGCQ starting Monday, June 15, until the end of the month.

The town has 11 COVID-19 cases of which six were those of health workers and one ambulance driver of the rural health office.

The remaining patients were returning overseas worker and residents who had been stranded elsewhere and had come back.

The Department of Health (DOH) in Eastern Visayas said there is local transmission of SARS Cov2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, in La Paz.

Ranque placed Libagon under EGCQ starting June 13 after it reported three COVID-19 cases. Two of them were overseas workers and one stranded individual.

Under EGCQ, curfew would be imposed with restrictions on travel.

Residents of La Paz, for example, who come from areas where there were COVID-19 cases would be placed in a quarantine facility.

Those who want to enter the town should also have a safe conduct pass issued by their health offices.

Health protocols such as wearing of face mask and physical distancing are to be strictly implemented in these areas while they are under EGCQ.

TSB
Exit mobile version