Inquirer News

Coronavirus cases in San Juan reach 9

Community in Muntinlupa placed under extreme localized lockdown

This undated electron microscope image made available by the U.S. National Institutes of Health in February 2020 shows the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. Also known as 2019-nCoV, the virus causes COVID-19. The sample was isolated from a patient in the U.S. (NIAID-RML via AP)

MANILA, Philippines — The number of confirmed coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in San Juan City has reached nine, Mayor Francis Zamora said Friday.

“As of March 13, 2020, 230pm, San Juan has 9 confirmed COVID-19 patients,” Zamora said in a message to reporters.

All of them, he added, are in stable condition.

The latest case is a 70-year-old female and a resident of Barangay West Crame. She is also receiving treatment in a private hospital in Manila.

So far, the country has recorded 52 confirmed cases of COVID-19, a disease that first broke out in Wuhan City in China.

The COVID-19 crisis was later declared as a pandemic by the World Health Organization.

And because of the growing number of COVID-19 patients in the Philippines, President Rodrigo Duterte has placed the entire Metro Manila under a “community quarantine.”

Edited by MUF
Exit mobile version